St. Paul’s College, Kolkata
Situated in the heart of city within shortest distance from academic center of Kolkata, the St Paul's College is the institution that needs little introduction. Established in the year 1864, by Church Missionary Society (CMS), this College has witnessed and involved itself in the upheavals as well as movements, not only in academic field, but also in socio-political history of India and Kolkata. The Church Missionary Society was established in the year 1799 having the main objective of improving the education systems. In company with Friends of Society within India, it took on noble responsibility of making the healthy process of Higher Education amongst populace. It led to foundation of the College on 25 Sookeas Street (at present known as the Kailash Bose Street) in the rented house. In the January 1865, College became 'Cathedral Mission College'. Its journey started with only 193 students, and teaching staff of six people. It was in the July 1908, when college was transferred to its current location (at 33/1, Amherst Street). Prior to this, this College was operated for the short time period from now the Corporation building at Surya Sen Street. Within the next 6 years, the St Paul's Cathedral Mission College was given affiliation by the University of Calcutta. From there, this College has kept the high standards as well as blessed with impressive presence of numerous eminent figures like Subhash Chandra Bose and Rabindranath Tagore.
The facilities available in the college include library, gymnasium, playground, counseling, UGC Resource Network, and Employment News Cell. This college is affiliated with University of Calcutta and accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council); it is also recognized by the UGC (University Grants Commission).
You can contact this college at the following address:
St. Paul's College,
33/1 Raja Ram Mohan Roy Sarani (previously known as Amherst Street),