National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata was recognized under West Bengal Act IX, 1999 accepted by West Bengal Legislature within July 1999. University was informed under the Clause (f), Section 2 of UGC Act, 1956. In the August 2004, it has granted stable affiliation by Bar Council of India within July 2005. Chief Justice of India is also Chancellor of the NUJS and Chairman of General Council, and ultimate policy-making body of University.
The objectives of this University are to:
• move on and distribute knowledge and learning of law as well as legal processes and role in the national development
• encourage legal knowledge and make law as well as legal process like efficient instruments for social development
• develop sense of responsibility for student as well as research scholar for serving society in field of law through developing skills to law reforms, advocacy, legislation, legal service, etc
• encourage inter-disciplinary study for law to technology, management, development, and international cooperation
National University of Juridical Sciences has planned itself to many Centers and Schools of study, every independent in operation and conception, yet incorporated via programs of research, teaching, and extension activities.
The Centers in National University of Juridical Sciences are:
Centre for the Consumer Protection & Welfare
Centre for the Human Rights & Citizenship Studies
Centre for the Studies in the WTO Laws
Centre for the Women & Law
The Schools in the National University of Juridical Sciences are:
• SCJA (School of Criminal Justice & Administration)
• SEBL (School of Economic & Business Laws)
• SLPD (School of Legal Practice & Development)
• SPLCJ (School of Private Laws & Comparative Jurisprudence)
• SPLG (School of Public Law & Governance)
• SSS (School of Social Sciences)
Courses Offered are:
B.A / B.Sc with LL.B.
Here are the contact details of the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.
National University of Juridical Sciences
Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan,
12, LB Block, Sector III,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata - 700098
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.nujs.edu