Jadavpur University, Kolkata
The domination of British institution had to be tested. Therefore, the NCE (National Council of Education) came into existence. Its main aim was to convey education, literary, technical, and scientific on the national lines completely under the national control. In 1910, Society for Promotion of the Technical Education of Bengal that looked after the Bengal Technical Institute was merged into the NCE. After Independence, West Bengal Government, with agreement of Govt. of India, endorsed the required legislation for establishing the Jadavpur University on 24 December 1955. Now the Jadavpur University has effectively established itself like as primary Indian University through its vast range of courses provided, a desirable list of the faculty members, who come to known for the commitment for the advanced research and study.
Aims & Objectives
Founding members of the National Council of Bengal, parent body of Jadavpur University, in the year 1906, set a goal "To attain self reliance via empowerment of the Youth through imparting Best of the Global Knowledge".
Today this University aims:
• To promote and follow higher education through linking the conventionally separated subjects in light of ever-changing international scenario
• To discover new dimensions for academic administration, which is free of technical impediments
• To set up the role model for the academic leadership
• Strengthening of the accessible departments catering to the postgraduate studies as well as advanced level research
• Introduction of the new courses in rising and front line areas of the study
• Development of Learning & Teaching process within the modern electronics as well as multimedia aids
• Tran disciplinary research as well as development via centers and schools
• Functioning like a nodal centre of academic as well as technical human source development
• Augmenting the infrastructure facilities to equal the latest trends
• Academic as well as administrative reforms with office automation
• Setting up platforms to close interaction by industries, neighboring institutions, and National R&D Laboratories.
• Offering more quantum boosts for existing amenities, facilities, and equipments through arranging the funds from different funding agencies.
For details visit: http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/