The supremacy of the British institution needed to be tested. Thus, the National Council of Education had been formed. Its main endeavor was to transmit education, technical, literary, and scientific on national lines, entirely under national control. In the 1910, the Society for Promotion for Technical Education of Bengal, which looked after Bengal Technical Institute, was combined into National Council of Education. After the Independence, the West Bengal Government, having agreement with Govt. of India, had authorized the necessary legislation for setting up Jadavpur University on December 24 1955. Currently Jadavpur University has successfully established itself as amongst the main Indian University with its enormous range of courses offered, the desirable list of faculty members that come identified for commitment for advanced research as well as study.
Aims & Objectives
Beginning members of National Council of Bengal, the parent body of the Jadavpur University, in year 1906 had put an objective "To accomplish self reliance through empowerment of Youth via imparting Best of Global Knowledge".
This University aims:
• Of promoting and follow the higher education via linking conventionally separated subjects for ever-changing global scenario
• Of discovering new dimensions for the academic administration that is free of the technical impediments
• Of setting up role model for academic leadership
• Strengthening of open departments catering to postgraduate studies or advanced level research.
• Introduction of innovative courses in growing as well as front line areas of study.
• Growth of Teaching & Learning process inside modern electronics and multimedia aids.
• Tran corrective research and expansion through centers or schools
• Functioning like the nodal centre for academic or technological human source development
• Augmenting infrastructure facilities for equaling latest trends
• Academic or administrative reforms having office automation
• Setting up the platforms to secure interaction by the neighboring institutions, industries, and the National Research & Development Laboratories
• Providing more quantum boosts to existing equipments, facilities, and amenities through arranging funds from diverse funding agencies
Following are the Courses offered by the University:
Master of Science (MSc)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Bachelor of Education (BEd)
Master of Social Work (MSW)
Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
Bachelor of Library Information Science (BLISc)
Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
Master of Engineering (ME)
Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc)
Master of Physical Education (MPEd)
Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)
Master of Technology (MTech)
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Master of Arts (MA)
Master of Commerce (MCom)
For details visit: www.jadavpur.edu